Coil-over conversion fits Koni, Tokico, Strange and 2.2″ Lakewood front struts (see below for more Lakewood info). Allows easy adjustment of ride height. Improves handling and ride quality by deleting the stock-location front springs in favor of springs mounted on the struts.
- Ability to choose from a wide range of spring rates; from very soft to very stiff.
- Improves handling (reduces body roll and quickens steering response) without degrading ride quality because the coil-over spring location improves the motion ratio, allowing a much higher wheel rate than is possible with a stock-location spring.
- Improves ride quality by eliminating the largest source of friction in the front suspension, allowing easier suspension movement for reduced harshness.
- Provides easy ride height adjustment.
- Reduces unsprung weight, which improves handling and ride quality.
- Allows easy spring swapping.
- Ride height may be retained after swapping to springs with a different rate.
- A wide range of spring rates are available. Contact us for help choosing rates for your specific Mustang and your driving situation.
- Koni Sport SA and DA struts
- Tokico Illumina and D-spec struts (some modification to strut body required; see MMCO-2 installation instructions).
- Strange adjustable struts.
- Lakewood struts having a 2.2″ diameter strut housing diameter. Measure yours! Some modification to strut body required; see MMCO-2 installation instructions.
Does NOT fit
- Lakewood struts having a 2.0″ diameter strut housing diameter. Measure yours!
- QA1 struts
- This is not an ill-fitting universal kit. Only fits the struts listed in the Fitment section.
- Front bump and droop travel can be optimized for your Mustang by adjusting the placement of the strut shaft locating spacers between the upper spring perch and the camber plate.
- Needle thrust bearing above the upper spring perch lowers friction, reducing steering effort.
- O-rings seal the needle bearings to prevent contamination.
- Threads are hard-anodized for longevity and easier adjustment of the spring perch.
- Struts require a slight modification for installation.
- Includes an assortment of spacers to ensure proper clearance under the strut tower.
- Lower spring perch has Nylon-tipped stainless steel setscrews to prevent unwanted rotation.
- Includes exclusive MM tool (MMT-9) to aid with chassis clearancing.
- Includes bumpstops.
Required for installation
- Quality camber plates with spherical bearings, not urethane bushings or a stock upper strut mount
- Koni, Tokico, and Strange struts
- Coil-over springs
- Coil-over conversion is compatible with stock front control arms and stock k-member. Aftermarket control arms and k-member are not required.
- COP-2 package includes springs.
- For help choosing spring rates, read the Guide to Choosing Spring Rates and Dampers.
- For help choosing performance struts for your driving situation, contact us.
- Read the MMCO-2 installation instructions before ordering.
Click on the Tech Info button below or the FAQ button above for much more technical information on front Coil-Over kits.